For many in this country, including a sizable number of Americans who voted proudly for the current Chief Executive in 2008, the principal reason for supporting Mitt Romney in 2012 is that he is not Barack Obama. Harsh as that may be, it is true nonetheless. As I detailed in my previous blog, this administration’s legacy, simply put, is that it made the bad situation it inherited so much worse – and in many instances, did so with full intent and malevolent motives.
But at this point, it’s wearying to pick through the perfidies of the last four years. I, for one, am focused on the future – and the hope that on November 6, 2012, Mitt Romney will be elected our next President of the United States.
There is so much more to Mr. Romney than simply an absence of negatives. Here is a man whose life has been built on the principles still valued by most Americans: hard work, a strong faith, quiet generosity, personal humility, love of country, dedication to family, and a willingness to serve beyond self-interest.
Whatever ways in which his political views may not align perfectly with mine, Mitt Romney has an actual plan for recovery that is practical, plausible, and with Congressional support, will pull our country back from the brink of insolvency and provide a platform for growth and national security. You can click here to read the full details, but the elements are these:
- Developing our extraordinary national resources and adopting an “all of the above” strategy for continental energy independence by 2020.
- Moving to a level playing field with trade to develop new markets for domestic products while confronting countries which cheat and steal American jobs.
- Building productivity in our workforce through improved public schools, greater access to higher education, and more effective retraining programs to match unemployed workers with real-world job opportunities.
- Cutting the deficit, reducing the size of government, and getting the national debt under control.
- Championing small business by reducing taxes and regulations that impede productivity, discourage hiring, and strangle growth.
Barack Obama has revealed himself as someone driven to reshape this country in ways that would be unrecognizable (and anathema) to our Founders. I hope you will join me in supporting America’s Comeback with the election of Mitt Romney as President of the United States.